Please note this event is fully booked and no tickets will be available on the gate.
The Bore Place farm gates are opening for a special open day...
Please book your free tickets to help us anticipate numbers.
Join us to celebrate the opening of our new Farm Gate which will be selling Bore Place produce from our farm, gardens and partners, and our brand new milking parlour experience where you can learn about the farming calendar, and see the cows being milked.
Throughout the afternoon
- BBQ, drinks and homemade cakes
- Meet the new calves
- Explore our new milking parlour experience and see the cows being milked
- Children's activities
- Visit the gardens
You'll also have the chance to meet our producers. Visit Blackwoods Cheese Company, who make wonderful award winning cheeses; sample delicious fermented dairy products with Happy Belly Foods, and visit Metske van der Laan to talk about organic veg growing.
The Farm Gate will be selling Bore Place produce and, as well as providing food for our local community to buy, it will also provide valuable work experience as it will be run by young people attending projects at Bore Place, with all money made being fed back into our education programmes.
FREE to attend (donations welcome on the gate) but please book free tickets to help us anticipate numbers.
Info for the day
- Please bring cash. We will be able to take card payments for food and drinks, but if you'd like to make a donation on the gate, please bring cash.
- We advise wearing wellies or boots, and bringing a change of footwear to wear home.
- Parking may be in a field, so please be careful walking on uneven ground. Accesible parking will be available.
This event is supported by Farming in Protected Landscapes.
We want our events to be accessible for all – please let us know if you require any additional information or adjustments and we will do our best to accommodate you. We offer free tickets to essential companions – please use the ‘Any Special Requirements’ box at checkout to let us know if you would like to book one. You can also contact us on email@example.com or 01732 463255 to chat about your requirements.