Roast Saddle of Kentish Lamb with Stilton Recipe
Posted by Florence Clark on 16th January 2018
We are delighted to be partnering with Will Devlin of No Fixed Abode to host one of his well-known supper clubs in Bore Place House.
No Fixed Abode is an experimental pop-up restaurant team focused on producing seasonal tasting menus in amazing spaces. The menus are created with ingredients from the extensive larders available in the South-East. Will has very kindly shared with us his seasonal recipe for lamb with Stilton.
Roast Saddle of Kentish Lamb with Stilton
1 x saddle of lamb (all fat and sinew removed, sealed off and allowed to cool)
100g Stilton cheese
150g button mushrooms (chopped finely and cooked in butter and cream, onions or shallots, and herbs such as thyme, parsley and black pepper)
4 strips of Parma ham
8” square piece of puff pasty (rolled out ½ cm thick and rested)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• Seal the lamb in a hot pan with olive oil, remove and allow to cool
• Lay out some plastic wrap and place the Parma ham on top
• Add the cheese to the mushroom mix
• Spread the cheese mixture over the top of the Parma ham, then place the sealed lamb fillet, brushed with the mustard, into the centre
• Roll together and set aside in the fridge for 10-15mins
• Remove the lamb from the fridge and take off the plastic wrap. Egg wash the puff pastry, place the lamb on top and roll up creating a parcel
• Egg wash the outside of the parcel, place into the fridge for 10mins
• Remove from fridge and reapply egg wash
• Place into a preheated oven @ 200°c for approx. 10-12mins
Cut a big wedge of lamb and place into the centre of the plate, serve along with pickled red cabbage, wild mushroom tossed with cobnuts and lamb jus.