No parent required
Supported by Kent County Council, our holiday club for young people provides a natural break for children with additional needs and their families.
The club is for 8-17 year olds living in Kent. Activities are fun, engaging and tailored to individual and group needs. The club encourages young people to develop a love of the natural world and enjoy being outdoors, whilst learning and having fun.
Activities change with the seasons and include things like exploring the farm, hands-on cooking, arts and crafts, harvesting veg from the garden, den building, minibeast hunts, forest activities and gardening. Most sessions will include some time saying hello to our herd of dairy cows and seeing what's happening on the farm. All activities are led by our team of tutors with vast experience teaching children with a variety of additional needs. The sessions are designed to help develop life skills, confidence and self-esteem in a safe, fun environment.
The club is for young people - parents/carers are not required to stay.
If you would like to apply for your young person, please contact email@example.com.
Who is this club suitable for?
The club is suitable for young people who:
- Can take part in and enjoy a practical learning session – cooking, art, gardening, pond dipping etc.
- May have speech and language difficulties – we will differentiate sessions with Makaton/sign along and communicate in print resources.
- Can take part in a group session, and whose behaviour will not disrupt the session.
- Would like to learn about a farm environment.
- Are able to take care of their own personal needs.
- May lack confidence or self-esteem.
- Learn well in a practical environment.
It is important to us to make sure all young people attending the club are able to be supported during their time with us, and this is why we invite all new families to an open afternoon before signing them up to the club. Bookings for Short Breaks are only available for young people who are registered for the programme. It is essential that all young people meet a member of our team to confirm their needs can be met and that the club is a good fit. Once this has been agreed, the young person is registered for the club and you'll be provided with a booking code to provide access to book.